A nourishing recipe made with year-round ingredients, and best enjoyed when arugula is fresh and peppery, this easy recipe is the perfect lunch or lite dinner.
INGREDIENTS: RECIPE FOR 4
- 1 1/2 Cups Atlantic Sea Farms Fermented Seaweed Salad
- 2 Cups prepared and cooled Quinoa (follow instructions on Quinoa packaging)
- 4 Cups Arugula
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled, and cut into 1â€ pieces
- Juice and pulp from 1/2 of medium sized grapefruit. Section the fruit from other half and reserve.
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil for dressing, 2 tablespoons for cooking sweet potato
- 1/2 Cup fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil or your choice
- Salt to taste
-Heat grill to medium-high
-Place cut sweet potato on sheet of tinfoil, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Neatly wrap with foil, flip packet and neatly wrap with another sheet to make air tight.
-Place packet on grill and close lid. Cook for 5-8 minutes, flip, repeat and check potatoes for tenderness. If still hard, repeat cooking cycle. Remove from grill and allow packet to cool then open.
-For vinaigrette, cut grapefruit in half along the mid section, squeeze juice and pulp into small mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, juice from one lemon and salt to taste.
-Mix 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette with quinoa and 1/2 cup of Fermented Seaweed Salad. Toss lightly with arugula and divide between 4 bowls or plates.
-Garnish each with sweet potato, sectioned grapefruit, remaining Fermented Seaweed Salad, herbs and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Recipe by Brett Cary
Photography by Natalya DeSena