A seafaring take on a classic!
toasted sea beet kraut reuben with smoked salmon & swiss on sourdough
- 1, 8oz package Smoked Salmon, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sea Beet Kraut
- 8 Slices Swiss Cheese (cheddar or cheese of your choice will work)
- 1/2 Cup Chipotle Mayo
- 4 Slices thick cut Sour Dough or Rye bread
- Olive Oil
- Heat thick bottomed cast iron or sauteed pan over medium heat.
- Slather each piece of bread with chipotle mayo, and layer with 2 slices of cheese each.
- Divide smoked salmon evenly between two pieces of bread. Top each with 1/4 cup Sea Beet Kraut evenly.
- Assemble sandwiches, and firmly press top down.
- Add about 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan, and carefully set sandwiches in. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until bread becomes crispy and cheese melts. You may need to add more olive oil when you flip sandwiches.
- Pro Tip- Place a heavy plate or small pan on sandwiches while cooking to achieve extra crispiness.
Remove from pan and enjoy!
Recipe by: Brett Cary