A big pot of steaming mussels and a baguette made even more amazing by Atlantic Sea Farms Sea-Chi!
Recipe by Brett Cary
Photos by Natalya DeSena
- 1/2 jar Atlantic Sea Farms Sea-Chi
- 2# mussels, rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup beer, lager works best
- 1/2 lime, cut in quarters
- sliced chives, about 2 tablespoons
- 3-4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Baguette
– Heat Olive Oil in large thick bottomed pot over medium high heat. Oil should not smoke profusely, but a little is ok. (Make sure to have a tight fitting lid ready)
-Add garlic and onion, sautÃ© for 2 minutes until they start to caramelize then add Sea-Chi.
Expert Tip- You can turn the heat up a little if you want to caramelize some of the juices and vegetables in the Sea-Chi, but be very careful not to burn anything!
-Once some of the liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes, add mussels, stir into the Sea-Chi slightly, then add beer and cover. Reduce heat to medium.
-Cook for 5-8 minutes or until all the mussels have opened and steamed.
-Top with sliced chives and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and serve with baguette. Enjoy!