- 3/4 pound carrots (8 medium carrots), peeled and shredded (about 2 ¼ cups)
- ½ cup Atlantic Sea Farms Ready-Cut Kelp
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups chopped pecans
*This cake is best with a cream cheese frosting.
- Beat butter and sugars on medium until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between. Add vanilla, carrots, and water. Reduce speed and add all dry ingredients and ½ the pecans (use the other half to decorate the outside of the cake).
- Divide batter between two 9 inch pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- After the cakes cool on wire racks, generously spread cream cheese frosting and nuts.