Get your sea greens! Kelp is packed with iodine, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and alginate. Yet another nourishing and sustainable gift from our clean, cold Maine waters, and in this recipe our friend and bestselling cookbook author, Mindy Fox, has shared her go-to green juice recipe featuring Atlantic Sea Farms kelp, of course!
Serves 2 to 3
- 5 cups packed chopped kale leaves*
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 Atlantic Sea Farms Kelp Cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more to taste
- 2 to 3 grinds freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Pinch kosher salt, plus more to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Add 3/4 cup ice cold water and 3 large
ice cubes. Puree until smooth. Adjust honey, pepper, and salt to taste.
*Any greens can be used here: I’ve used a mix of Romaine, peppery bitter greens,
and edible flowers that I happened to have in the garden. You can also add mint
and/or other fresh herbs.