Atlantic Sea Farms is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. We pride ourselves on building a brand and team with integrity that is fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the seaweed aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for Maine’s working waterfront communities.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as the full-time Fermentation Lead. A successful applicant must have experience working either in a busy kitchen or in food manufacturing. This person will also have excellent time management and team management on skills as well as a strong attention to detail. This individual also needs to work well as part of a mission-driven team and be adaptable and flexible to the frequent changes in an exciting start-up
atmosphere. This position reports directly to the Fermentation Manager and works as part of the ASF Production Team.
● Oversee the production, fermentation, and packaging of the fermented products
● Manage and organize fermentation staff
● Manage your time and the teams time for efficient production days
● Work with Fermentation Manager to determine and set fermentation schedule
● Set, manage, and implement sanitation and preventative maintenance processes and
procedures for fermentation room and its equipment
● Support kelp production as required
● Ensure all food safety and SQF standards are followed in the Fermentation Room
● Manage documentation for fermentation process, food safety, quality, and sanitation
● Support order packing and shipping
● Train fermentation staff
● Other tasks as assigned
● Experience with fermentation and/or food prep and food manufacturing
● Demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities
● Ability to manage a team’s time for production schedule and efficiency
● Strength in multi-tasking and a keen attention to detail & efficiency
● Adaptability – as well as an appreciation and understanding for changing systems as part of a start-up
● Strong interpersonal and professional skills
● Ability to work productively in an ambiguous and high-energy environment
● Strong written communication skills
● Excellent problem-solving skills
● Must be able to lift 40 lbs independently
● Preferred experience with pallet jacks, fork trucks, truck loading docks, dock hoists
● Patience, a sense of humor, and a sense of humility and optimism
● This position would be paid an annual base salary, have access to the company’s health benefits package, paid vacation, and a bonus structure based on individual and team performance.
To inquire, please email Matt Haight Mhaight@oceanapproved.com and Pete Rahn Prahn@oceanapproved.com
Ocean Approved, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.