Atlantic Sea Farms is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. We pride ourselves on building a brand and team with integrity that is fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the seaweed aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for Maine’s working waterfront communities.
We are seeking individuals to join our team as hourly Fermentation Operators. Successful Applicants should have an interest in food and fermentation and an interest in spending time creating delicious food. Experience working in busy kitchens or food manufacturing is a bonus! We are looking for candidates with excellent time management and team-oriented skills. The new team members will report directly to the Fermentation and R&D Manager and works as part
of the ASF Production Team. This is a fast-paced, growing company with constantly evolving products and innovation. Much of the day-to-day is repetitive, fermentation-based tasks. With that being said, new ideas, personal projects, and kelp-based initiatives are embraced and encouraged!
● Work within the production, fermentation, and packaging of the fermented products
● Manage time to effectively create enough high-quality, delicious product to meet orders
● Work with the Fermentation Lead to optimize production value
● Maintain a safe and clean work environment
● Follow all food safety and SQF standards as outlined in the Fermentation Room
● Support order packing and shipping
● Other tasks as assigned
● Work free of hate, bigotry, and intolerance
● This position would be paid a wage based on experience between $15.00 and $17.00 an hour. Over time (time worked over the 40-hour base will be compensated with time x 1.5 pay)
● The schedule is usually 7 am - 5 pm, Monday - Thursday (40 hours per week), though this schedule sometimes varies.
To inquire, please send resume and cover letter to Matt Haight Mhaight@oceanapproved.com Ocean Approved, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.