Atlantic Sea Farms is a brand with a robust social and environmental mission and ambitious growth goals. We pride ourselves on building a brand and team with integrity that is fiercely dedicated to our social mission to grow the kelp aquaculture industry for Maine and create opportunities for our working waterfront community.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a full-time Bookkeeper and Office Manager who is excited to work with a dynamic, mission-driven start-up and become an integral part of achieving our mission. A successful applicant must be extremely diligent and detail- oriented and have experience in bookkeeping. This position requires strong computer and research skills, flexibility, and efficiency. A successful applicant is expected to be a self-starter as well as adaptable and flexible to the frequent changes that are inherent with a start-up.
● Accurately and efficiently manage ASF’s A/R and A/P
● Intensely and accurately monitor all distributor chargebacks and promotions and effectively dispute as needed
● Help prepare required weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports in a robust, timely, and efficient manner.
● Create and manage streamlined, efficient, and effective invoicing and billing processes
● Support procurement operations
● Maintain company’s data, files, and paperwork
● Support all non-sales vendor relationships in support of the operations team
● Maintain ASF office operations and support CEO with onsite visits and events
● Manage HR paperwork processes for current and onboarding employees
● Other related duties as assigned
● 3+ years of bookkeeping or office management experience
● Demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities
● Strength in multi-tasking and a keen attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work productively in an ambiguous and high-energy environment
● Strong written and oral communication
● Proven ability to manage collection activities and tracking
Ambitious and relentless focus on meeting and exceeding team goals in order to amplify our positive impact
● Excellent people skills
● Upbeat, outgoing, and optimistic attitude
● Proven problem-solving ability and self-starting mindset
● Trustworthy and mission-aligned
● Collaborative and honest
● Adaptability – as well as an appreciation and understanding for changing and
nascent systems as part of a start-up
● Willingness and enthusiasm to throw in on tasks as needed
● Long-term thinking
● Kind, empathetic, and collaborative
● Patience, a sense of humor, and a sense of humility and optimism
● This position would be paid an annual base salary of $40-$50K, have access to the company’s health benefits package, paid vacation, and a bonus structure based on individual and team performance.
To inquire, please email Briana Warner, firstname.lastname@example.org